CFY JOB RIVERSIDE, CA
Assist speech-language pathologists in the assessment and treatment of speech, language, voice, and fluency disorders. Implement speech and language programs or activities as planned and directed by speech-language pathologists. Monitor the use of alternative communication devices and systems.
Out of State?
We provide relocation assistance for the right candidate. Please contact us if you have any questions: Contact Us – Speech Improvement Center
- Develop individual or group activities or programs in schools to deal with behavior, speech, language, or swallowing problems.
- Instruct clients in techniques for more effective communication, such as sign language, lip reading, or voice improvement.
- Administer hearing or speech and language evaluations, tests, or examinations to patients to collect information on type and degree of impairments, using written or oral tests or special instruments.
- Educate patients and family members about various topics, such as communication techniques or strategies to cope with or to avoid personal misunderstandings.
- Supervise or collaborate with therapy team.
- Teach clients to control or strengthen tongue, jaw, face muscles, or breathing mechanisms.
- Participate in conferences, training, continuing education courses, or publish research results to share knowledge of new hearing or speech disorder treatment methods or technologies.
- Consult with and refer clients to additional medical or educational services.
- Communicate with non-speaking students, using sign language or computer technology.
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, and reach consistently throughout a work day/shift
- Appropriate manual dexterity to enable typing throughout a work day/shift
- Ability to lift up to 25Ibs, safely from ground to waist using proper body mechanics; ability to carry office supplies up to 10Ibs
- Visual activity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people and understand written direction
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions
- Daily physical requirements
- Using arm muscles frequently or for extended periods.
- Using leg muscles frequently or for extended periods.
- Using back muscles frequently or for extended periods
***Masters Degree Required***