CFY JOB ONTARIO, CA
SLP/CFY: Assist speech-language pathologists in the assessment and treatment of speech, language, voice, and fluency disorders. Implement speech and language programs or activities as planned and directed by speech-language pathologists. Monitor the use of alternative communication devices and systems.
- Monitor patients’ progress and adjust treatments accordingly.
- Develop or implement treatment plans for problems such as stuttering, delayed language, swallowing disorders, or inappropriate pitch or harsh voice problems, based on own assessments and recommendations of physicians, psychologists, or social workers.
- Write reports and maintain proper documentation of information, such as client Medicaid or billing records or caseload activities, including the initial evaluation, treatment, progress, and discharge of clients.
- Participate in and write reports for meetings regarding patients’ progress, such as individualized educational planning (IEP) meetings, in-service meetings, or intervention assistance team meetings.
- Evaluate hearing or speech and language test results, barium swallow results, or medical or background information to diagnose and plan treatment for speech, language, fluency, voice, or swallowing disorders.
- Complete administrative responsibilities, such as coordinating paperwork, scheduling case management activities, or writing lesson plans.
- Successful completion of training session and training period for a SLP or SLPA required
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Speech-Language-Pathology or Communicative Disorders from an accredited educational institution OR hold an Associate of Arts or Sciences Degree in Speech-Language Pathology Assistant from a Board approved SLPA program
- Certified-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- First Aid certification
- Valid state driver license
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Follows all facility guidelines outlining standards of attendance and punctuality. Responsible for reporting to completing work at assigned times.
- Safe working environment
- Demonstrates an awareness of and adherence to safety and legal requirements established at the facility with an emphasis on maintaining a safe environment for all people working in the facility.