SLP JOB PASADENA, CA
***SLP license Required ***
A little background about who we are:
Speech Improvement Center started in 2013, with a single therapist, single office, and a single patient. Now, 9 years later, we have 22 locations in Southern California and continue to grow!
We are a pediatric setting seeing kids ages 0-18. We come across disorders such as expressive, receptive, voice, apraxia, and articulation. We are a private clinic setting. This is an SLP position in Southern California.
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for passionate SLP’s who want to develop themselves. We are a growing company, and in order to continue expanding, we need therapists who also want to grow and develop themselves both clinically and individually.
We provide diverse trainings to SLP’s who join our team. The first week of you joining our company, you will go through detailed training and shadowing to make sure you are comfortable with everything before starting therapy. You will also go through 3 trainings within your six months with the company that are designed to enhance your communication and patient care skills.
If you are interested in leadership positions, you have the option of going through our leadership trainings which will develop you as a leader and open career advancement opportunities within the company.
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Follows all facility guidelines outlining standards of attendance and punctuality. Responsible for reporting to completing work at assigned times.
- Safe working environment
- Demonstrates an awareness of and adherence to safety and legal requirements established at the facility with an emphasis on maintaining a safe environment for all people working in the facility.
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, and reach consistently throughout a work day/shift
- Appropriate manual dexterity to enable typing throughout a work day/shift
- Ability to lift up to 25Ibs, safely from ground to waist using proper body mechanics; ability to carry office supplies up to 10Ibs
- Visual activity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people and understand written direction
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions
- Daily physical requirements
- Using arm muscles frequently or for extended periods.
- Using leg muscles frequently or for extended periods.
- Using back muscles frequently or for extended periods.
- Come to work daily at one of our clinic.
- Research fun games and homework for parents to practice therapy with their children.
- Provide one on one therapy for patients and consult family members on therapy sessions.
- Conduct Evaluations
- Participate in weekly meetings to review new cases and progress of current cases.
- Ongoing speech screenings.
- Weekly team meetings, group huddles, and Clinical meetings
Job type: Full Time
Hours: 9:00am – 6:00pm
If you have any questions, you can contact us: 818.206.4547
Note: This is not a remote opportunity