SLPA JOB ONTARIO, CA
***SLPA license Required ***
A little background about who we are:
Speech Improvement Center started in 2013, with a single therapist, single office, and a single patient. Now, 9 years later, we have 22 locations in Southern California and continue to grow!
We are a pediatric setting seeing kids ages 0-18. We come across disorders such as expressive, receptive, voice, apraxia, and articulation. We are a private clinic setting.
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for passionate SLPA’s who want to develop themselves. We are a growing company, and in order to continue expanding, we need therapists who also want to grow and develop themselves both clinically and individually.
We provide diverse trainings to SLPA’s who join our team. The first week of you joining our company, you will go through detailed training and shadowing to make sure you are comfortable with everything before starting therapy. You will also go through 3 trainings within your six months with the company that are designed to enhance your communication and patient care skills.
If you are interested in leadership positions, you have the option of going through our leadership trainings which will develop you as a leader and open career advancement opportunities within the company.
3 Main Qualities we are looking for:
- Growth Oriented
- Enjoys challenges
- Desire to be a leader
- Perform support duties, such as preparing materials, keeping records, maintaining supplies, and scheduling activities.
- Collect and compile data to document clients’ performance or assess program quality.
- Select or prepare speech-language instructional materials.
- Assist speech-language pathologists in the conduct of client screenings or assessments of language, voice, fluency, articulation, or hearing.
- Test or maintain equipment to ensure correct performance.
- Conduct in-service training sessions, or family and community education programs.
- Prepare charts, graphs, or other visual displays to communicate clients’ performance information
- Active Listening
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Coaching and Developing Others
- Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Training and Teaching Others
- Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others
Job type: Full Time
Hours: 9:00am – 6:00pm
If you have any questions, you can contact us: 818.206.4547
Note: This is not a remote opportunity