SLPA JOB SIMI VALLEY, CA
Our company is looking for a determined and qualified Speech Therapy Assistant to join our amazing team of speech therapists in California.
Have you just graduated and are looking to gain some experience? Please apply.
Our company focuses on speech and language therapy for children (ages zero to eighteen) in an office setting.
We have an office in Simi Valley! Join a team of speech therapists who you can collaborate with and who are fun loving. Want to learn more about our company? Then send us your resume or please visit us at Speech Therapy Simi Valley.
- Research fun games and activities that parents can do to practice therapy for children
- Provide one on one therapy for patient and consult family members on therapy sessions
- Implement treatment plans or protocols as directed by speech-language pathologists.
- Document clients’ progress toward meeting established treatment objectives.
- Assist speech-language pathologists in the remediation or development of speech and language skills.
- Perform support duties, such as preparing materials, keeping records, maintaining supplies, and scheduling activities.
Timeline of Learning:
- Orientation/ Admissions Day
- First Week: 1 week of training + Shadowing
- Second Week: Start seeing kids at your center
- 30th Days: Half Day Training no. 1
- 90th Days: Half Day Training no. 2
- 180th Day: Half Day Training no. 3
- 6-month mark: QI
- Successful completion of training session and training period for a SLP or SLPA required
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Speech-Language-Pathology or Communicative Disorders from an accredited educational institution OR hold an Associate of Arts or Sciences Degree in Speech-Language Pathology Assistant from a Board approved SLPA program
- Certified-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- First Aid certification
- Valid state driver license