SLP JOB ELK GROVE, CA
**Master’s Degree Required**
If you’re looking for a new challenge and want to specialize in speech therapy, Speech Improvement Center may be the place for you. This is a unique opportunity to treat patients in a child friendly, state of the art clinic and help those who are in underserved areas.
- Consult with and refer clients to additional medical or educational services.
- Communicate with non-speaking students, using sign language or computer technology.
- Consult with and advise educators or medical staff on speech or hearing topics, such as communication strategies or speech and language stimulation.
- Design, develop, or employ alternative diagnostic or communication devices or strategies.
- Develop speech exercise programs to reduce disabilities.
- Provide communication instruction to dialect speakers or students with limited English proficiency.
- Conduct lessons or direct educational or therapeutic games to assist teachers dealing with speech problems.
- Use computer applications to identify or assist with communication disabilities.
- Conduct or direct research on speech or hearing topics and report findings for use in developing procedures, technologies, or treatments
- * Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus*
- Master’s Degree in a related field
- California SLP License
- Active Listening
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Coaching and Developing Others
- Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Training and Teaching Others
- Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others